Sam Kennedy Says Red Sox Have Had 'No Formal Talks' With Mookie Betts This Winter
By Parker White

Earlier in the month, it was reported that the Boston Red Sox had not talked about an extension with outfielder Mookie Betts, who will become a free agent following the 2020 season.
Not a great sign for him to remain in Beantown, right?
Red Sox have not engaged in extension talks with Mookie Betts yet this winter, according to Sam Kennedy.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) November 6, 2019
“I’m sure we’ll have conversations at the appropriate time.”
Fast forward more than a couple weeks later, and according to Red Sox president and CEO Sam Kennedy, the club still has yet to have any formal talks with the former AL MVP.
So, when is the "appropriate time" to have this conversation?
Sam Kennedy says there have still been no formal talks with Mookie Betts this winter. Bloom and front office met with his reps in Arizona but nothing in the way of anything formal.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) November 22, 2019
Maybe Kennedy and the team are waiting until after the Thanksgiving holiday to reach out and talk with Betts, but isn't it odd that we are getting into the swing of the offseason and the Red Sox haven't sat down with their best player, who could depart after next year?
The more these two sides fail to have a back-and-forth, the more rumors will swirl about the team trading him this winter.